Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Bring on the Calories!

Of course gaining weight requires eating more. This may sound easy and even fun, but for someone who has to eat a lot to gain weight it's not so great (I've tried many times before). The other down sound is that I'm a poor college student, and food is expensive! However, I plan on being positive about this experience. I remind myself that I'm doing this for my own well being, which is priceless. Besides I would much rather have to eat more than eat less! So here it is: I should eat 2,600 calories a day to gain weight.  I got this information from Weight Gain Calculator. (I checked off the calorie booster box because I am naturally very thin).

I've been keeping track of my calories for the past few days and I am just getting over 2,000. Believe it or not it's difficult eating that many calories (at least if you are eating healthy foods)!  I have three meals a day and snacks in between. To get those extra calories I'll make my meal portions larger and drink a nutritious supplement.  Right now I am trying Boost Plus once a day. It has 360 calories and 14 grams of protien. It's in a small bottle so it doesn't fill me up too much, and it tastes great!

By the way, I am by NO means a nutritionist or doctor. I would recommend talking to a professional before trying to gain weight (I did last year). Any tips would also be highly appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. Im a 23yr old aussie guy who weighs 130-140 a healthy weight for me is 160 i can even go 180 for my height but struggle to gain...

    i eat as much as possable still no luck...

    i suggest you get a youtube account so you can comunicate with other girls who are also gaining healthily... if u make vids tho prepare for crazy comments

    my accounts www.youtube.com/ddawson28066

    k goodluck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We appreciate you providing us with such wonderful information. I'm hoping you'll offer additional details about weight gainer. Keep sharing, please.

    ReplyDelete